Queen Mary Christmas November 23, 2018 – January 6. 2019
After a six-year run with Chill, the Queen Mary has moved its annual holiday onboard the grand ship and renamed it a Queen Mary Christmas. Instead of the ice-themed Chill that was held outside the ship, the new “Queen Mary Christmas” will take place the decks and inside the historic ship.
Visitors will feel as though they were transported back to a voyage aboard the Queen. Attractions will include an 80-foot Christmas tree, a huge ice-rink on the top deck, a Gingerbread Village, roaming carolers, a Chrismas tree-lined Promenade Deck, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, and Canopy of thousands of twinkling lights.
Will Chill return for 2019 -2020 season? It will depend on how well the new Queen Mary holiday event goes over with the public. Below we some other choices for Southern California Christmas events.
(November 16 – Jan6, 2019) Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden invite you to Moonlight Forest, an unforgettable evening experience of art, culture, and discovery. Masterfully crafted lanterns beckon you into the gardens.
(November 18, 2018 – January 6, 2019) Descanso Gardens holiday evening event where visitors can interreact with amazing light displays. featuring a one-mile walk through unique lighting experiences in several areas of Descanso Gardens. Parking is free and available on a first-come, first served basis.
(November 15 – January 6) Evening skies blaze with color and light at the Fairplex in Pomona during the Magical Chinese Lantern Festival. This all-ages experience features over 1,000 hand-crafted lanterns.
2017 Queen Mary Chill
Chill Queen Mary Ice adventure
Queen Mary’s Chill in Long Beach returns this year with a new theme. 2018 is going to be the biggest and best holiday event ever. Chill features the first-ever Ice Adventure Park in the country. The huge 38,000-square foot ice park includes an ice skating track, ice bumper cars, ice tricycles, a zip line, ice shuffleboard, a two-story, 100-foot-long ice tubing slide.
What is new for 2018. For starters Chill has doubled in size. New adventures include a 100 ft Matterhorn Mountain ice slice and a 300 foot long Alpine Zip Line.
Things to do Chill Long Beach Ice Adventure
- Ice bumper cars and ice tricycles, and ice shuffleboard.
- Holiday adventure in Germany featuring the famous Munich Market and Gnome’s Wishing Well.
- Swiss Alpine Lodge with holiday treats including chocolate and cheese.
- Weekly fireworks, Lion Dances, Shanghai Speedway, and Chinese Lantern decorating.
- For adults sip vodka in the 9-degree Ice Bar.
- An outdoor ice skating rink with a village, live shows, and Windmill.
- Gourmet donuts and pancakes at the Dutch Pantry.
- Germany’s Twisted Pretzel and Tasting Tavern and the Brat Haus.
- Sip on traditional teas in China’s Zen Teahouse.
- Gingerbread house. Fire Pit where you can roast marshmallows and make s‘mores.
- Groupon may have a deal for Chill. Costco may offer Chill discount tickets – check with the local store.
We recommend purchase tickets online and save before you go. Savings are huge. Parking is additional $25.00. Carpool to save.
Chill Queen Mary Long Beach Hours vary by date. Open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Queen Mary 1126 Queens Highway • Long Beach, CA 90802